Small Business Saturday is an American shopping holiday held during the Saturday after Thanksgiving in the United States during one of the busiest shopping periods of the year. It is always the last one in November, so it falls between November 24 and November 30.
Small Business Saturday is November 27, 2021 this year.
As a consumer, you’re a key part in helping small businesses thrive. By shopping or dining at small businesses throughout the year, you show your support for the businesses in your neighborhood and in the community.
How can you celebrate this important day for our locally owned Downtown South Boston businesses and merchants? It’s easy and it’s fun:
- Buy something from a local business or several local businesses.
2. Post about small businesses on social media using the hashtag #SmallBusinessSaturday.
3. Like and Follow their Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter pages.
4. Comment on their Facebook posts to increase their visibility in the community.
5. Post pictures of your purchases and tag small businesses so others learn more about them.
6. Encourage your family and friends to shop small!
Small Business Saturday is a good day for everyone to get out there and support the small businesses that contribute so much to the U.S economy. Downtown South Boston has lots of small businesses where you can purchase clothing, food, beverages, floral arrangements, shoes and boots, home decor, jewelry, accessories, art, gifts, furniture, appliances, and much more.
Click here for a list of all downtown businesses and plan to spend the day visiting many of them on November 27, 2021. Start with coffee and breakfast at a local cafe or restaurant, and then stroll the streets and visit the shops. At the end of the day, visit the local Factory Street brewery for some brews and music.
Make Small Business Saturday a day to show locally owned businesses how much they are appreciated! And thank you shopping small every day!